Winter Cycling at Georgian Nordic Ski Club
|Times||Cyclists are permitted on the trail system at any time EXCEPT during after school skiing (3pm-5pm weekdays), during Jackrabbit sessions (9am-noon Saturdays), or during any organized event (e.g., Sounder, events, etc.), unless pre-approved. Riders can contact the burrow attendant (705.746.5067) or visit the website/social media sites.|
Only the following trails:
Lynx, Partridge, Wolf, Bunny, Jackrabbit, Fisher, Rattlesnake
Day passes/memberships are available from with burrow attendant, Trysport, or Parry Sound Bikes
Fat Bikes must yield to all other users.
- If you are not sure if it is a good day to ride, please call 705.746.5067 to ask about current conditions and planned events, or check the website, twitter, Facebook.
- Do not ride if the snow is too soft. As a general rule, if you have to get off and push your bike or have a hard time riding in a straight line, the snow is too soft and you should not ride.
- Helmets are mandatory
- Lights (front and rear) are highly recommended
- Winter cycling tires must be wider than 3.5″ and tire pressure must be less than 10 psi.
- Give skiers a wide berth, always ride on the left side of the trails where possible
- When crossing trails slow down, stop, and check for skiers, and do not ride in the classic ski tracks
- Any questions? Read our FAQs about winter cycling.
Check out this video of winter cycling at Georgian Nordic Ski Club